We are currently working on opening the role for 2016, in the meantime read more about the job below.
How to apply
In order to apply for The Nicest Job in Britain, we will be seeking the most creative, compelling video applications, that tell your story and shows us why you should have the nicest job.
You will also need to drum up vital support for your application across as many media channels as you can, as this is a crucial part of the role that you are applying for.
We're looking for a special kind of person.
A willing, enthusiastic philanthropist with a passion for helping others. Someone who will be an active ambassador for us as well as all things good, travelling around Britain and lending a hand to a different charity or third sector organisation each week for a year.
Spreading our 'Do More Good' ethos far and wide and making a real difference to those who need it most.
Variety is the spice of life. And with this role, every day will be different. You will spend four days each week at a different charity or third sector organisation, carrying out whichever tasks they require help with.
From marketing, to fundraising, to decorating; your mission will be to help them out however they require. Helping them to do more good.
Who we are looking for?
Someone with a desire to help
- A 'Do More' attitude
- A relationship builder and effective communicator
- A keen learner with a willing approach
- A diverse and desirable skill set
- A motivating, people-loving team player
- A confident and credible character
- An active interest in the third sector and understanding of how it operates
What good stuff will you be doing?
- Embracing 40 different charities and organisations in a personable way and with a passionate approach towards helping them
- Meeting the people behind the charities and organisations, developing relationships with them and taking an invested interest in their immediate needs
- Working closely with each charity or organisation to gather a clear understanding of what they hope to achieve from having an extra pair of hands
- Helping to highlight areas of development in each situation and contributing bright ideas towards how tasks are tackled
- Being an advocate for each charity and organisation. Helping to raise awareness and convey their positive messages
- Travelling across the country, bringing fresh energy and enthusiasm to each area
- Being a responsible, informative and valuable ambassador for ua
- Using any specialist skills to benefit those in need and calling upon the specialist skills of ua affiliates where appropriate
- Keeping a weekly online blog to raise awareness of each charity or organisation. To document the experiences of the role and to inform the world of your ongoing good work
- Communicating effectively and interacting socially with those involved in the role as well as those actively taking an interest
- Striving to make a real difference to all of the people you encounter, and in turn benefitting those impacted by their charities and organsations. Championing the belief that this truly is the nicest job in Britain
- Ultimately, giving your time and energy towards helping 45 charities and organisations across the country to do more good